My friend Stephen was helping a new beekeeper when they spotted these spotted honey bees. It almost looks like someone was doing a science experiment using marked bees. It’s probably sticky pollen that got glued to the bees’ blind spots – the spot where a bee can’t reach to scratch her itch or her stuck pollen. Stephen says there were five or six of these bees. Have you ever seen anything like this?
- Winter’s coming – are you insulated?
- Apimondia 2019: Thursday (some presentations)
- Apimondia 2019: Wednesday (And a scandal)
- Apimondia 2019: Tuesday (Posters)
- Apimondia 2019: Taste the honey!
- Apimondia 2019: Monday
- Apimondia 2019: Saturday
- Apimondia 2019 starts next week!
- You thought bees were vegetarians?
- Feel like a MOOC?