My friend Stephen was helping a new beekeeper when they spotted these spotted honey bees. It almost looks like someone was doing a science experiment using marked bees. It’s probably sticky pollen that got glued to the bees’ blind spots – the spot where a bee can’t reach to scratch her itch or her stuck pollen. Stephen says there were five or six of these bees. Have you ever seen anything like this?
- Creamed Honey
- Why are Hives Damp in the Winter?
- Winterprep: What’s the neighbour doing?
- They Got Me – on the Kiwimana Podcast!
- How Well Do You Know Your Bees?
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part VI
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part V
- 95th Birthday for “The Man Who Made Killer Bees”
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part IV
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part III