My friend Stephen was helping a new beekeeper when they spotted these spotted honey bees. It almost looks like someone was doing a science experiment using marked bees. It’s probably sticky pollen that got glued to the bees’ blind spots – the spot where a bee can’t reach to scratch her itch or her stuck pollen. Stephen says there were five or six of these bees. Have you ever seen anything like this?
- Have you lithium-chlorided your bees yet?
- Rotten: Lawyers, Guns & Honey
- Americans eat four cents of honey every day. Wow.
- 2017: The Year in Bee Review
- The Man Who Discovered that Bees Can Think
- Langstroth: The Great Christmas Gift
- Wax Worms Biggly in the News
- National “I Love Honey Day”
- Busy as a Bee