Another movie about honey bee deaths? Why not? It appears the public isn’t tired of hearing about dead bees yet. The latest installment is “More than Honey” which was filmed on location inside a beehive studio somewhere in Switzerland. Last year it was the BBC’s “Who Killed the Honey Bee?” a great flick with lots of words and phrases like catastrophe, frightened, incredible death rate, disaster… you get the picture. Other recent honey bee films have been Australia’s “Honey Bee Blues“, “Vanishing of the Bees” (narrated by Ellen Page), “To Bee or Not to Bee” (a David Suzuki documentary), “Queen of the Sun“, “Silence of the Bees”, “Dance of the Honey Bees” (from Bill Moyers), “The Strange Disappearance of the Bees“, and Emmy Awarded “The Last Beekeeper” – just to name a few of the best known. Too many? Probably – we risk desensitizing the public to the sting of bee disappearance. But it sure beats movies about Killer Bees like “The Swarm” from the 70s.
- Unseen Pollinators
- Creamed Honey
- Why are Hives Damp in the Winter?
- Winterprep: What’s the neighbour doing?
- They Got Me – on the Kiwimana Podcast!
- How Well Do You Know Your Bees?
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part VI
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part V
- 95th Birthday for “The Man Who Made Killer Bees”
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part IV