Does this story remind you of Hitchcock’s Birds? According to this Metro news story, a Driver’s Ed instructor and two students were trapped in his car until fire fighters were called to pressure-wash the car. I suppose the bees were killed from all that blasted water. This is just one of the ways China’s rapid industrialization is wreaking havoc on the environment. This decade, it is one car and one swarm. Next decade, it might be two swarms. And then what? Three? Four? As I read recently in the Economist, people all over the world want to share in the West’s consumptive, gluttonous habits. So expect more of this.
- Apimondia 2019: Thursday (some presentations)
- Apimondia 2019: Wednesday (And a scandal)
- Apimondia 2019: Tuesday (Posters)
- Apimondia 2019: Taste the honey!
- Apimondia 2019: Monday
- Apimondia 2019: Saturday
- Apimondia 2019 starts next week!
- You thought bees were vegetarians?
- Feel like a MOOC?
- How did your bees do?