Does this story remind you of Hitchcock’s Birds? According to this Metro news story, a Driver’s Ed instructor and two students were trapped in his car until fire fighters were called to pressure-wash the car. I suppose the bees were killed from all that blasted water. This is just one of the ways China’s rapid industrialization is wreaking havoc on the environment. This decade, it is one car and one swarm. Next decade, it might be two swarms. And then what? Three? Four? As I read recently in the Economist, people all over the world want to share in the West’s consumptive, gluttonous habits. So expect more of this.
- Unseen Pollinators
- Creamed Honey
- Why are Hives Damp in the Winter?
- Winterprep: What’s the neighbour doing?
- They Got Me – on the Kiwimana Podcast!
- How Well Do You Know Your Bees?
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part VI
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part V
- 95th Birthday for “The Man Who Made Killer Bees”
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part IV