Glad I’ve never had one of these. This looks bad. The 460 double-story colonies being carried from south Florida to Maine’s blueberries for pollination were spewed after the driver rolled over on an I-95 exit ramp in Delaware. The 55-year-old driver, Adolfo Guerra of Miami, was fined for carrying an “insecure” load. His cargo stung him several dozen times and was hospitalized. Police responded with traffic control, firemen hosed everything (probably drowning bees in the process) and local beekeepers arrived to rehive bees and reassemble bee boxes. The exit ramp was open 12 hours later.
- Walden Publishing: Helping New Beekeepers
- Unseen Pollinators
- Creamed Honey
- Why are Hives Damp in the Winter?
- Winterprep: What’s the neighbour doing?
- They Got Me – on the Kiwimana Podcast!
- How Well Do You Know Your Bees?
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part VI
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part V
- 95th Birthday for “The Man Who Made Killer Bees”