Glad I’ve never had one of these. This looks bad. The 460 double-story colonies being carried from south Florida to Maine’s blueberries for pollination were spewed after the driver rolled over on an I-95 exit ramp in Delaware. The 55-year-old driver, Adolfo Guerra of Miami, was fined for carrying an “insecure” load. His cargo stung him several dozen times and was hospitalized. Police responded with traffic control, firemen hosed everything (probably drowning bees in the process) and local beekeepers arrived to rehive bees and reassemble bee boxes. The exit ramp was open 12 hours later.
- Bees Kill Endangered Penguins
- Free International Symposium
- Waxing in the and Waning Days of Summer
- Blue and Green in the Flower Patch
- September Bears
- Not the only bees in town
- The Story of my Life (in less than two hours)
- Free Beekeeping Information!
- A Day of Days
- Honey bee song from the honey bee country