Gotta give the prime minister’s wife credit. She was cool and calm. Unlike the unfortunate beekeeper/chef who was jumping around and swatting bees. Had to be sooo embarrassing for the executive chef. Just another day in the public spotlight for Laureen Harper. Why so calm? She’s probably like that all the time, but it helps that Laureen grew up on a little farm near Turner Valley, south of Calgary, where the family had a greenhouse business and kept some bees. I like that she put the lid back on the hive, keeping the bees from getting even more irritated. You can watch the video (it’s worth viewing) by going to this link. She seems a natural beekeeper – wish she had also been Canada’s prime minister for these past eight years.
- Apimondia 2019: Thursday (some presentations)
- Apimondia 2019: Wednesday (And a scandal)
- Apimondia 2019: Tuesday (Posters)
- Apimondia 2019: Taste the honey!
- Apimondia 2019: Monday
- Apimondia 2019: Saturday
- Apimondia 2019 starts next week!
- You thought bees were vegetarians?
- Feel like a MOOC?
- How did your bees do?