Gotta give the prime minister’s wife credit. She was cool and calm. Unlike the unfortunate beekeeper/chef who was jumping around and swatting bees. Had to be sooo embarrassing for the executive chef. Just another day in the public spotlight for Laureen Harper. Why so calm? She’s probably like that all the time, but it helps that Laureen grew up on a little farm near Turner Valley, south of Calgary, where the family had a greenhouse business and kept some bees. I like that she put the lid back on the hive, keeping the bees from getting even more irritated. You can watch the video (it’s worth viewing) by going to this link. She seems a natural beekeeper – wish she had also been Canada’s prime minister for these past eight years.
- Walden Publishing: Helping New Beekeepers
- Unseen Pollinators
- Creamed Honey
- Why are Hives Damp in the Winter?
- Winterprep: What’s the neighbour doing?
- They Got Me – on the Kiwimana Podcast!
- How Well Do You Know Your Bees?
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part VI
- My Failure as a Beekeeper: Part V
- 95th Birthday for “The Man Who Made Killer Bees”